Saturday, October 20, 2007

The doctor

Watching Amalea as they poke her and strap her down has made the last two days a little rough for me. I understand that all the poking is necessary, but still when she is screaming and they are taping down her head it's really hard for me to just watch and not pick her up. I've cried a lot these last two days as I think about this gift we've been given and all the trauma she has already had to endure in only 20 days of life. I pray it won't come to surgery, and yet I attempt to trust God's desire.
The brain scan went well today and the doctors didn't find anything that alarmed them. They were trying to find out if there was something going on with her brain (bleeding, tumors, etc.) that might be causing the bleeding behind her eye. This still doesn't answer why she is bleeding, but it does rule out a few very scary possibilities. We will go in on Monday and she will get blood work done.
After being strapped down for the brain scan Amalea had a huge barf session at the hospital. It was actually pretty funny because she made a huge puddle on the floor - almost as if she was telling the hospital what she thought about everything she had been through - and then she slept. She is very worn out.
I had a cute picture of her cuddling with Jim, but it's not letting me post it right now so I'll add it later.

No comments: