Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Our Day at the Zoo

Today we took Amalea to the zoo for her first birthday!  I think she loved it (although we probably loved it more!)

Here are some pics and videos from the day.

First we had to open some presents, of course!





Here we finally made it to the zoo... 



That's right... I'm one!

Picnic at the zoo!

Here are some of the animals we saw!
A tiger...


Some weird monkey thing... I think it's the monkey from the Lion King!


Elephants...


Two great big Polar bears... check out the video!


Some other weird monkeys, pics a little blurry though...


A giraffe...


Two zebras...


Some sleeping Hippos...


And the weirdest animals of all!


Yee-haw!!!

Ami got so worn out she fell asleep...


And so did mommy!

Ami got free rides all around the zoo...






It was such an amazing day! So fun!


Don't forget the birthday cake!




4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love all of it!!! Thanks for posting so many pics and videos - wish I could have been there :)

The Webbers said...

You have a one year old! How fun! We were thinking of you guys yesterday!

lenamarie said...

Great pix! That's so awesome that the g-rents got to be there for Ami's big day. I wish I could've been there. But I'll see y'all next month! Holler! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe she's already one and that a year has already passed. What a busy, exiciting year. I love the pictures!!! I miss you all so much and i'm so stoked you guys love it up there. =]